Tuesday 4 May 2010

Blowin up Ep review


Sawgood sent me his complete "Blowin UP" Ep, if I promised that I'd do a review.
Fair deal if you ask me! This Ep should normally have been out on beatport yesterday, but due to some technical problems it wasn't untill somewhere this afternoon. Allright, let's get busy!

Tracklist:
Sawgood feat Gigi Barocco, Loc e & Agag - Blowin up (original mix)
Sawgood feat Gigi Barocco, Loc e & Agag - Blowin up (Shekel remix)
Sawgood feat Gigi Barocco, Loc e & Agag - Blowin up (Calvertron remix)
Sawgood feat Gigi Barocco, Loc e & Agag - Blowin up (The Boomzer remix)
Sawgood feat Gigi Barocco, Loc e & Agag - Blowin up (Ikki remix)

The original mix is in my opinion the best track on the Ep, decent electro stuff mixed with raps from Loc E and A girl and A gun. Gigi's trademark, silly fidget (which is great, silly doesn't mean stupid here), blends perfectly with Sawgood's harder, bloody attitude.

Gigi Barocco & Sawgood - Blowin Up ft. Loc E & AGAG by gigibarocco

Ikki, the Spainard who got famous with his heavy metal remixes, signs up for the best remix on the EP. He makes the original harder, and more fidget-like.

Preview GIGI Barocco feat Sawgood Blowin Up IKKI remix by ikki

Shekel, an Isralian dubstep producer, gives the dubstep lovers exactly what they are looking for. Nasty wobbles and trashed vocals!

Gigi Barocco And Sawgood ft Loc E and AGAG - Shekel CUT by KickOH

I was pretty disappointed to hear the Calvertron remix, he has done much better things than this.
The Boomzers remix gives the original a trashy make-over, love it or hate it! Unfortunately I couldn't find a preview somewhere, so you will just have to believe me on my word. I was digging this remix, but I can imagine a lot of people not liking it because it's too trashy and simple. There's no accounting for tastes, right?

Buy the whole thing on beatport!

No comments:

Post a Comment