Friday 16 April 2010

Fuck titles! Who cares about them anyway?


The hype around Barbra Streisand, the upcoming summerhit from Duck Sauce, is starting to become real huge. The original is still unreleased, and as far as I know there hasn't been pinned down an official release date, but the first remix has popped up already.

I definitely think that the original will be 10 times as big as this, but for those who can't wait for the original this is a good track to soften the waiting time. I wouldn't really call it a remix, it's more like a re-edit. But seriously: can anyone make something better out of this track without stripping it from it's summer feeling? I doubt it. Anyway, thanx to mr O-god for this piece of sugar, it got me jumping.
Enjoy!

Duck Sauce – Barbara Streisand (O-God Remix)

Edit: Because that looped sample keeps me playing the song over and over again, lets share the original Boney M track.

Boney M - Gotta Go Home


Our last topic on Mechanical Resistance dates from november already, but in that long absence, they prepared a banging remix for us (and for everyone else who likes a banging tune)! I can see this putting dancefloors on fire, banging basses just the way I like em. They have become more mature in their productions, always a good thing. I'm digging this more than the other tracks we've posted, this is less trashy, but with a real pounding bass underneath.

Bam bam!

Mika Chew! - SuperPowers (Mechanical Resistance Remix) (removed on request)



Proxy is in the USA for the first time, all the american kids are preparing for a party. Evgeny has other plans though! In his own words:

“New York. Atlanta. Boston. Coachella. These are the places and alternative music festivals I was taught to hate as a child. It is difficult to see them as anything other than targets, and I will treat them as such. New York. Rubble. Atlanta. Ruins. Boston. Ash. Coachella... Extinction.

I eat a cigarette. I prepare to wrestle your winds of freedom to the ground. I cannot allow you to live inside your skulls for much longer.”

Aah, that typical Russian hospitality towards americans, loving it!

To stress the fact that the man is in the US and A, Turbo is releasing a remix Ep for his monster track "8000". The Sticky K rmx has definitely gotten his stamp, making the sounds a bit more "silly" (and I mean that in a good way). Banger! A little fidget touch, why not?

The Clouds remix is fucking hard, seems like the Proxy himself remixed it. I thought that a hard approach could only destroy what makes the original so good, but apparently I was wrong.

The Proxy - 8000 (Sticky K rmx)
The Proxy - 8000 (Clouds rmx)

1 comment:

  1. O God recreated the track, for those who wonder where he got the samples from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EjLWh2150I.

    Cheerz

    TGM

    ReplyDelete