Wednesday 24 March 2010

Horse & Brooklyn Fire


Horse, a dj and producer duo who are living in New South Wales, Australia, has blasted my mind with their Bangduck mash-up. He uses samples from the original, bangkok, the afrojack remix for cool and the nujax remix for bangduck. He's 22 years old, and the guy is only dj'ing for one year, but he has already supported acts like Van She, Bag Raiders and in the next month, he has to support Acid Jacks and Jamie Fanatic.
The outcome is surprisingly good, normally I don't like to listen to mash-ups at home, it's only cool to hear it played out live in a club. This time, the mashed up parts gave me a feeling like I was meeting old friends again, and I suddenly realised that they were a lot cooler as a group. So I won't ever listen again to Bangkok, Bangduck and all the other songs aforementioned, I will just enjoy this unbelievable mash-up.

Afrojack - Bangduck (Horse's bootlegging duck mash)

Brooklyn Fire records (Tommie Sunshine is the label-boss) has officially started. I thought that it was in existence for some months already, but apparently Figure was just making a little promotion for the new label by putting "brooklyn fire" in his track ID's. Anyways, to get some attention, Mr. Sunshine asked some artists to make a remix for a track that they consider a classic. In his own words:
“When I thought about launching my new imprint, Brooklyn Fire and the impending WMC I thought the best way to cause a stink was to get the artists whom I dig and have them tear apart something they consider a “classic”. Enjoy these 20 works and I look forward to your support of Brooklyn Fire.”

The result? 20 quality remixes for some real oldies, with remixes by my favorite Figure, Mightyfools, Tommie Sunshine himself, Hostage, SonicC, Boris Dlugosh and loads of others. Definitely worth the 260 Mb of harddisk space that it will take! And oh yeah: It's for free and in 320 quality!

Brooklyn Fire Bootlegs - WMC 2010 edition (Ysi)
Brooklyn Fire Bootlegs - WMC 2010 edition (sendspace)

All the tracks:

Dajae – Brighter Days [Rob Threezy Edit]
Cajmere – Perculator [Jon Kennedy & J. Ibarra Remix]
DBX – Phreak [3z Edit]
Diana Ross – Upside Down [Punk Rolla Remix]
Donna Summer – I Feel Love [Patrick Wayne Remix]
Maurice/D.H.S. – This Is Acid [Tommie Sunshine Edit]
Michael Jackson – Beat It [Boris Dlugosch Edit]
N Joi – Anthem [TADT Remix]
Paperclip People – Throw [DJ Kue Edit]
Paul Johnson – She Got Me On [Neoteric Edit]
Public Enemy – Night Of The Living Bassheads [Figure Remix]
Queen – Radio Gaga [Mark Verbos Edit]
R. Kelly – Bump & Grind [Turbo P Edit]
Ramierez – Hablando [Hostage Remix]
Robert Owens – I’ll Be Your Friend [The Deficient Remix]
Rod Stewart – Do ‘Ya Think I’m Sexy? [Mightyfools Remix]
Roman Flugal – Geht’s Noch [Rishi Bass Remix]
Spiller – Groovejet [Ghosts Of Venice Edit]
Stakker – Humanoid [Dan Aux Remix]
Sueno Latino – Sueno Latino [Sonic C Remix]

No comments:

Post a Comment